Published: Thursday, 09 July 2015 16:24
Written by Super User
Covenant between God and the Israel people in the Sinai mount
Exodus 19:5-8 Now therefore, if you will indeed obey My voice and keep My covenant, then you shall be a special treasure to Me above all people; for all the earth is Mine. And you shall be to Me a kingdom of priests and a holy nation.' These are the words which you shall speak to the children of Israel." So Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before them all these words which the Lord commanded him. 8 Then all the people answered together and said, "All that the Lord has spoken we will do." So Moses brought back the words of the people to the Lord
- Here God deals a covenant with the Israel people.
- He orders them to keep the laws and commands of his covenant, in other words, to obey him and of to be submitted to Him completely.
- promises of blessings if they will obey;
- He will make of them a kingdom of priests and a holy nation,
- The people promises God to obey;
- Here the people has some obligations towards God;
- And God also has his own towards the people.